Sunday 17 November 2013

Review of Katie Green's 'Lighter than my Shadow'


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ultimately wonderful. Most of the way through I was thinking "So why is this better as a graphic story than as text?" and at the same time getting it that several of the crucial concepts, especially the ED itself  as a variable sized black scribble and the self-body-image were immediate and probablÅ· just better conveyed visually. At the same time I found that the relatively simple way each picture was drawn, so that it could be grasped instantaneously a bit disappointing. But actually  in the end that was part of the point. It was a very fast read, I haven't read another such a good "how it feels from the inside" anorexic story, and the pictures conveyed it perfectly.

 I hope it sells and circulates massively, so more people both inside and outside the ED community can know a bit more and have a good read!

Thank you very much Katie Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment